Last Updated: 30 June 2021
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (personal information) when you visit www.stompieswood.com
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website;
1.1. We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
1.2. Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
1.2.1. your name and surname;
1.2.2. your email address;
1.2.3. your physical address;
1.2.4. your gender;
1.2.5. your mobile number; and
1.2.6. your date of birth.
1.3. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
1.4. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
1.5. Subject to clause 1.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
1.5.1. use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
18.104.22.168. in relation to updating of estate information;
22.214.171.124. to contact you regarding current or newsletters and documents
126.96.36.199. to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
188.8.131.52. to improve your experience on our Website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us; or
1.5.2. disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
1.6. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
1.7. We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
1.8. We will –
1.8.1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
1.8.2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
1.8.3. provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
1.8.4. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
1.8.5. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request;
1.8.6. upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control; and
1.8.7. not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
1.9. STOMPIES undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy, unless we are compelled to do so by law. In particular, in the event of a fraudulent online activity, Stompies reserves the right to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
1.10. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
1.11. If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an entity which operates a website linked to this Website or anyone other than STOMPIES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION TO THE THIRD PARTY. This is because we do not regulate or control how that third party uses your personal information.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may not log into our website or request our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our goods or services. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- All vouchers purchased from us are governed by these Terms.
- No exchange, refund or change will be given for vouchers. Vouchers are not exchangeable, in full or in part, for consideration in cash.
- Vouchers may only be redeemed for the specific product or services described on the voucher.
- Vouchers are valid for the duration stipulated thereon, which shall not be less than 1 YEAR unless otherwise specified. However, price increases may affect the value of your voucher. You or the recipient of the voucher will be liable to pay the difference between the voucher value and the increased price at the time of presenting the voucher.
- We will not reissue damaged, lost or stolen Vouchers.
- We may from time to time make discount codes available for redemption against products or services offered for sale on our website (“Discount Codes”).
- Discount Codes are governed by these Terms.
- We may with reasonable notice change and/or discontinue the availability of such offer.
- No more than one Discount Code per person may be used and each Discount Code may only be redeemed once.
- Only one Discount Code may be used per purchase.
- Discount Codes are not transferable.
- Unless otherwise stated, a Discount Code may not be used in conjunction with any other special offer or promotion.
- Discount Codes cannot be redeemed against previous purchases.
- Your use of a Discount Code may be subject to additional criteria.
- Discount Codes cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given for Discount Codes.
- Discount Codes may only be redeemed for the specific product or services to which it relates.
- Discount Codes are only valid for a limited period, which we will communicate to you.
- We will not re-issue damaged, lost or stolen Discount Codes.
- If there are any issues with your Stompies Firewood order, please notify us within a maximum of 10 days after the delivery has taken place so we can rectify the issue immediately. We are happy to honour the 10da window period but anything after 10 days, we accept that the client was satisfied with the goods delivered.
- As for local wood such as Rooikraans, Blue gum and or Wattle types, we do not take any responsibility whatsoever for refunds/ swops. It is clear in our description that we do not guarantee these wood types themselves as we deal with local harvesters that do business differently.
- If we short delivered/wrong delivered, this will be delivered on the next round we are in your area. (7Business days).
- Any cancelations prior to delivery will incur a 10% pay back fee.
- If you overpaid us, we shall pay the difference back to you in 7 business days OR you may request Credit OR request any addons you would like.
Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time the business may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information. We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
UPDATING OR REMOVING PERSONAL DATA
You may choose to adjust or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by contacting us by phone or email.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
MIT Occupational Health Services may not be held responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Farm Hartebeeskraal, 301,